Markette is an Emmy-award winning journalist and host of Great Day Washington on WUSA 9, the CBS station in our nation's capital. She's also author of the inspirational children's book, What Is Light?
Markette has been featured on top-rated national morning shows, including NBC's TODAY Show, VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live and on ABC’s Live! with Kelly in the Coast-to-Coast Cohost Search, where she used her digital and multimedia storytelling background to launch a full-scale social media campaign to garner America's hearts and votes, ultimately ascending to become a Top 4 candidate – the youngest and last woman standing in the nationally televised competition.
In 2015, Markette added entrepreneurship to her list of endeavors with the launch of the The GLOW Brands, LLC, a multi-media company aimed at illuminating perspectives around the world through media consulting and speaking engagements. From 2015-2017, The GLOW Brands also included a retail component focused on natural cosmetics.
Markette earned a master's degree in Interactive Journalism from American University in Washington, DC. She earned her B.A. in Communications from California State University Dominguez Hills, where she was also awarded The Los Angeles Times scholarship for excellence in student journalism.
- American University (MA)
- California State University Dominguez Hills (BA)
- "What Is Light?" (Children's book available on Amazon)
- EMMY Award for TV host & moderator
- TELLY Award for the feature story Go Baby Go
- CableFAX Award for best talk show host
- MEDIA MAVEN OF THE YEAR by Glynn Jackson Agency,
- FELLOWSHIP for journalists: "Art and Craft - Manufacturing in Germany"
- THE LOS ANGELES TIMES award for excellence in student journalism.