I was honored to host two panel discussions on diversity in the digital age at ColorComm 2016 in Miami. The conference is all about empowering women of color to engage, excel and advance their careers.
Here's a snippet of what I learned:
- "You don't get what you deserve, you get what you ask for." Lauren Maillian, Entrepreneur and Start-Up Advisor
- "Don't take "No" for an answer" Michelle Giuda, SVP of Global Communications at Weber Shandwick
- "Be authentic in your networking" from Nicole Mayo, Account Director at Weber Shandwick for Mattel's Barbie, Hot Wheels and Fisher Price.
- "Set no limits!" from Kristin Hooper, VP at KRC Research
- "If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu." from Delvin Joyce, Managing Director at Prudential and former NFL player.
- "Companies that are more diverse see a significant benefit to their bottom lines." from Judith Harrison, SVP of Diversity & Inclusion at Weber Shandwick
To see more highlights from the conference, visit my Instagram @markettesheppard and search #C2Miami